Week 15 Reading B: The Warlock

Image result for warlock
(Grand Warlock of Wikipedia from Wikimedia Comons)

For part B of the writing I chose to look at the story "The Warlock" from the Russian Folktales unit, part of the European stories unit. I chose this story because I think there is a hidden meaning behind it that I can get behind. There is the meaning of outwitting other people sure, but I also think it has something to do with sticking true to one's beliefs. The old man asks that the daughters remove any means of defeating him before they take their watch, but the third daughter was wise enough not to abandon her prayers or cross, and in the end it saved her. It talks of a meaning of wisdom, but I think it has more to do with piety, or at the very least sticking true to what one holds dear.


Bibliography:

  • The Warlock, from "Russian Fairy Tales" by W.R.S. Ralston, found on UnTextbook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Math Majoring Gamer

Week 14 Story: The Businessman, the Crook, and the Bobby