Week 13 Reading Notes: Nursery Rhymes, Part A

Image result for nursery rhymes
(Hark Hark (Marks's Nursery Rhymes) from Wikimedia Commons)


This week I chose to read the Nursery Rhymes unit, and chose to spend a good chunk of time mulling over the riddles and paradoxes sections. I chose to be specific on this section because riddles stimulate creative thought. I was hoping to take this reading and stimulate my creative side with it. There were several instances in the riddles section where I was stumped and had to look at the answer to figure out what it was looking for, such as the walnut riddle. There were also a few times in the paradoxes section where I had to read over the passage again, to make sure I understood it correctly, especially the "I WOULD if I cou'd" paradox. I think that these types of writing are very stimulating to the mind, and could possibly include some riddles of my own in my future writing. 

Bibliography:

  • The Nursery Rhyme Book, edited by Andrew Lang, from UnTextbook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Math Majoring Gamer

Week 14 Story: The Businessman, the Crook, and the Bobby